Friday, January 27, 2012

ghasp...

This is not a post about pregnancy.

I made nut butter today!  So easy!

1. Get some nuts.  Whatever nuts you like.  Almonds, cashews, hazelnuts...use one type or use them all.  Use seeds, like pumpkin or sunflower.  I choose to use raw, because according to Oprah, and well, actual experts, when you roast nuts you change the really GOOD fat into TRANS fat *buh buh buh*.
2. Put them in a food processor.  A little less than the height shaft of the blade bit.  I added, like a half tsp. of salt.  I think it might be too much...but then, I always get unsalted peanut butter.
3. Stick the lid on, and buzz away.  It will crumble, then turn kinda dough like.  Keep and eye on it and scrape down the sides.  Keep buzzing til it's how you like it.  10 or so minutes?  I forget to time it...another tutorial said 15...but there is no way it took that long.
4. Stick it on a jar, or tupperware or make a sandwich.
5. The oils will naturally separate, just give it a stir before you use it if it does.  Oh and keep it in the fridge so it won't go rancid as fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment